Aug 12, 2012

Gearing Up to Rock the Run


I recently became the newest addition to the Ear Candy team. Fresh out of graduate school at ASU, I felt eager and excited to become a contributing member of the organization and was more than ready to hit the ground running. Well, I soon found out Ear Candy Charity became one of the official charities of the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Marathon & Half Marathon, taking place Sunday January 20, 2013. So what better way to hit the ground running than, well, to be literally running?

I have had every excuse in the book to not have run a half marathon in the past, obviously because "I'm not a runner." Oh, and you know, "I just don't have time." On top of which, "I'll never be able to fundraise that much". And my personal favorite, "I hate running!"

This time, I’m out of excuses because I’ve decided to run the P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona half marathon not only for myself but in support of music education. As part of Ear Candy Charity's Rock the Run team, it will be 12 weeks of training combined with fundraising. I’ve never run a half marathon before, but knowing that all the funds I raise will be going towards helping Ear Candy’s programs to support youth have access to music education, just might be exactly what I need to help get me through all 13.1 miles.

If you want to join me and Rock the Run with Ear Candy, check out our web page for all the details about the race and program: Ear Candy Charity - Rock the Run


As part of the Ear Candy team, you'll get:
  • 4-months optional race training
  • Nutrition and hydration support to ensure injury free training
  • An official Ear Candy Team Shirt 
  • A Dri-Fit Ear Candy team jersey to wear on race day
  • Invitation to a complimentary team pasta dinner two nights before the race
Throughout the 12 weeks of training, I'll be posting updates about the Rock the Run team. So stay tuned and follow along, and hopefully we'll see you at the start line!

No comments:

Post a Comment